Little Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghost Trick

+3
Akichi
Ser Dragoon
Urapeasnt
7 posters

Go down

Ghost Trick Empty Ghost Trick

Post by Urapeasnt Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:02 am

I just saw a video on YouTube today from RockStar76018, basically if your heroes stay alive the enemy cant reach your wall to attack. Do you think its cheating or a good tactic to get cheap spells and double up?

Urapeasnt
Urapeasnt
Trolls
Trolls

Gold : 347
Mojo : 16

Back to top Go down

Ghost Trick Empty Re: Ghost Trick

Post by Ser Dragoon Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi Urapeasnt, what's the link to the youtube clip?
Ser Dragoon
Ser Dragoon
Archers
Archers

Gold : 82
Mojo : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Akichi Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Using established game mechanics to win = not cheating. You can call it an exploit, but it's not cheating.

The funny thing is that:

Ghost Trick > Conventional Formation > Standard Formation > Ghost Trick.

Haha, Rock, Paper, Scissors I guess?

(I did think the mojo disparity was unfair, so I did email Camel Games with a message that said "If you're keeping it the way it is, might as well make all spells as cheap as the spirit spells.")
Akichi
Akichi
S-Mod
S-Mod

Gold : 216
Mojo : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Urapeasnt Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:08 pm

Ser Dragoon wrote:Hi Urapeasnt, what's the link to the youtube clip?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Urapeasnt
Urapeasnt
Trolls
Trolls

Back to top Go down

Post by Urapeasnt Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:11 pm

Akichi wrote:Using established game mechanics to win = not cheating. You can call it an exploit, but it's not cheating.

The funny thing is that:

Ghost Trick > Conventional Formation > Standard Formation > Ghost Trick.

Haha, Rock, Paper, Scissors I guess?

(I did think the mojo disparity was unfair, so I did email Camel Games with a message that said "If you're keeping it the way it is, might as well make all spells as cheap as the spirit spells.")

ya i feel you if your not able to buy the best spells this is a way around it, and its hard to win when you dont have good armor spells or rings so it is what it is.
Urapeasnt
Urapeasnt
Trolls
Trolls

Back to top Go down

Post by Akichi Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:48 pm

I take what I said back, its not rock-paper-scissors. It's basically a glass cannon. Wins on offense, loses horribly on defense. On the flip side, a normal setup wins on offense, loses vs ghost, ties vs normal.

So what it boils down to is - there's no point in defending. Neutral

Yeah, that's a bigger problem than I thought.
Akichi
Akichi
S-Mod
S-Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyed Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:11 am

I'm guessing that tactic only works because it seems that mystical blast doesn't oneshot the ghosts anymore?
bullseyed
bullseyed
Trolls
Trolls

Gold : 288
Mojo : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Dragoon Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:37 am

Good observation, Bullseyed. Noticed that too yesterday when I tried it out a couple of times. Nice little trick!
Ser Dragoon
Ser Dragoon
Archers
Archers

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyed Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:23 pm

Ser Dragoon wrote:Good observation, Bullseyed. Noticed that too yesterday when I tried it out a couple of times. Nice little trick!

Am I right or wrong? I haven't been in a position to test it for a while. I used to see my hero oneshot ghosts all day in arena, but after the last couple of patches, it didn't seem to work anymore. It seemed that the mystical blast would pass through the ghosts and they could only be killed by direct damage rather than spells.

If that change did in fact happen, then reversing it would be an easy way for Camel to kill the strat without breaking the ghost spells.
bullseyed
bullseyed
Trolls
Trolls

Back to top Go down

Post by Akichi Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:01 am

You're right on the not being able to one-shot, but it still does damage.

But that's only one of the many reasons that the ghost trick is unbeatable on offense. Just fixing that won't fix the problem.
Akichi
Akichi
S-Mod
S-Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Dragoon Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:39 pm

3 Lightnings headshot a ghost footman, and he just takes it like a trooper and keeps on coming, hahaha. I'm sure that it just doesn't hurt em!! I even started using the "Ghost Trick" on my spamming of Loeffing boss in Adventure, haha! Works a treat!
Ser Dragoon
Ser Dragoon
Archers
Archers

Back to top Go down

Post by setluks Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:29 am

at PvP this trick is a crap, you can barely defend yourself against attacks.
Sometimes, for succubus users is easyer to defend, perhaps, if you got moth and zerk and opponent got succ, it is impossible to defende.

This trick is a shame and a cancer spreding trough all high level and geared players
setluks
setluks
Warrior
Warrior

Gold : 26
Mojo : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by ELTRYHARD Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:28 am

Yeah this makes the game kind of boring. Because now everybody is gonna use this. I don't know why people are just starting to use it now. I thought everybody knew that the spirit spells were good. But apparently not. But they did make it harder to defeat them now that mystical blast doesn't work on them. Maybe they just got more hp.
ELTRYHARD
ELTRYHARD
Trolls
Trolls

Gold : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by setluks Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:18 am

ELTRYHARD wrote:Yeah this makes the game kind of boring. Because now everybody is gonna use this. I don't know why people are just starting to use it now. I thought everybody knew that the spirit spells were good. But apparently not. But they did make it harder to defeat them now that mystical blast doesn't work on them. Maybe they just got more hp.

Exacly, in old times, spirits got a lot less HP, and Mystical Blast used to beat them with only one hit.
Now spirit Footmans and Trolls last sometimes, longer than high lvl real footman/Troll.
setluks
setluks
Warrior
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by setluks Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:58 am

Guys I've tryed the Ghost Trick Combo today and here is some notes:

- It is unfair depending on opponents defense.
- If you put your two heros at a great spot in the field, with some borgs and mages combined, it'll be a point of unbalancing for your opponent, giving you the advantage coz of your good offensive spells.
- Carefully when attacking a succubus with ghost trick, if you got both melee's heros, I'm pretty sure you can get beaten even with the trick.
- The trick does not work perfecly if didnt got all pieces for shorten spell.
- Usually, "GhostTrickers" need to put their meelee hero at the front row to reach succes, heros at front row, are easy target.

hope these hints and observations help you guys to manage and deal with Ghost Trick Users.

Last observation, It is very funny to see when you use, but it is extremally annoying when you're facing an opponent with it.

If possible I'll put he video here, just beaten the Shadow Clan Assassin's leader with only 14 footmans, 4 priests, 4 shamans and both heros (succ and moth)
setluks
setluks
Warrior
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyed Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:11 pm

So how can one use this to win in adventure mode or tasks versus CPU?

Or is it only an arena/defense thing?
bullseyed
bullseyed
Trolls
Trolls

Back to top Go down

Post by lotak.xavier Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:35 pm

bullseyed wrote:So how can one use this to win in adventure mode or tasks versus CPU?

You can't use this trick against ranged units because once they attack an object, they do not stop attacking it until it is dead. Therefore, if a ranged unit started attacking the gate, then ghosts will make no difference other than try to kill them. With non-ranged units, this trick will work because they will block them off.
lotak.xavier
lotak.xavier
Trolls
Trolls

Gold : 142
Mojo : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by setluks Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:53 pm

lotak.xavier wrote:
bullseyed wrote:So how can one use this to win in adventure mode or tasks versus CPU?

You can't use this trick against ranged units because once they attack an object, they do not stop attacking it until it is dead. Therefore, if a ranged unit started attacking the gate, then ghosts will make no difference other than try to kill them. With non-ranged units, this trick will work because they will block them off.

It's is not true,

Melee units can ignore ghosts too, perhaps, just for few seconds, and than its target the ghost.

The same happens with ranged units.
setluks
setluks
Warrior
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by lotak.xavier Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:33 am

setluks wrote:
lotak.xavier wrote:

It's is not true,

Melee units can ignore ghosts too, perhaps, just for few seconds, and than its target the ghost.

The same happens with ranged units.

Really? Hmm, did not know that!
lotak.xavier
lotak.xavier
Trolls
Trolls

Gold : 142
Mojo : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content