What to reasearch?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What to reasearch?

Post by bullseyed on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:31 pm

Urapeasnt wrote:Ya they have to do this because you hardly get it in the arena now i wonder if they will make more armor and new weapons this will get interesting for newer players and easier for players that bought everything and have allot of mojo to spear

Well loot tables tend to work in a cascade fashion, so this introduces an interesting idea... is it better to farm gear levels if you want spar or better to farm non gear levels if you want spar?

NOTE: Percentages are made up for the sake of discussion.

Scenario One: All loot is on one table.
-10% chance of gear
-20% chance of spar or gems
-70% chance nothing

This is generally implemented as a "1 to 10" roll. 1 = gear, 2 and 3 = spar, 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 = nothing.

Scenario Two: Cascading loot tables.
-10% chance of gear
-20% chance of spar or gems
-70% chance of nothing

Roll one: gear. 1 to 10, 1 = gear, other = next roll.
Roll two: spar. 1 to 10, 1, 2 = spar, other = nothing.

IF the loot system uses is scenario two, then we'd be better off farming non-gear levels because winning gear (which is often useless) would negate the chance of winning spar.
bullseyed
Trolls
Trolls

Gold : 288
Mojo : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Urapeasnt on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:48 pm

or you could buy mojo and hope you in the top 10 on your server and get 60 spar from the rebate... lol
Urapeasnt
Trolls
Trolls

Gold : 347
Mojo : 16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyed on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:27 am

ROFL did you see the new events? Whoever spends the most money on mojo for the rest of the year gets 60 spar.

Edit: beat me to it.
bullseyed
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Urapeasnt on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:42 am

Wish we could share mojo
Urapeasnt
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyed on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:43 pm

I bought $20 worth the mojo last night because I got my fort to 21 and he could get mystical blast... apparently that "gift pack" you get for a $5 purchase is for purchasing exactly $5, not $5 or more. Stupid...

Today I got a spar for sending a picture of my empire in a text to myself.

They have a new thing up were every day between now and October we get free gifts every day... didn't get one today though.
bullseyed
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joshd on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:58 pm

i tried the 5$ thing and bought just 5 dollars worth but it wasnt my first mojo purchase so it didnt work unless it doesnt payout untill the promotion is over. but from today to october the daily login reward is spar mojo spar mojo for 8 days. good news about the arena though looks like the mojo and spar drop rates are back to what they were before the update, im up like 6 spar and 20 mojo and have only been playing for a few hours
joshd
Trolls
Trolls

Gold : 142

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:01 pm

I did the same thing, hoping that it meant $5 worth since the update or something, didnt work for me Sad it allowed me to get a few more pumpkins though so I guess it kind of helped? As far as the drop rates, I have had no luck, since the update I have done probably 100+ arena and I have maybe 10 Mojo, 3-4 Spar, and NONE of the new gems. new gems seem to be pretty rare drops.

Back to top Go down

Post by Urapeasnt on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:17 pm

doc_moore_j wrote:I did the same thing, hoping that it meant $5 worth since the update or something, didnt work for me Sad it allowed me to get a few more pumpkins though so I guess it kind of helped? As far as the drop rates, I have had no luck, since the update I have done probably 100+ arena and I have maybe 10 Mojo, 3-4 Spar, and NONE of the new gems. new gems seem to be pretty rare drops.
I have been playing since last night and got like 10 spar, guess its random
Urapeasnt
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joshd on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:27 pm

i think it varies by the day, but by far the best time ive found to get mojo and spar on the arena wheel has been on the weekends. i dont know if they can adjust the drop rate daily or not but thats what it seems to me, maybe it depends on how many people are on the server, as in less people = better chance for good drops
joshd
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:54 pm

While we are on the topic of drops. I remember the previous update saying lottery wheels will drop rare gear more frequently, but I still only see one email a day about some lucky bastard getting a piece of gear. So it doesnt seem that much better, but the lottery wheel and getting rare gear seems to be a joke anyways. During adventure I was having great luck with frags, I got three shadow shoulder frags in one day, and that was a couple weeks ago, ever since then, nothing, I only need one more shoulder frag for the gear. It seems like they will let you get close to having the gear, then not give it to you, or maybe im just incredibly unlucky.

Back to top Go down

Post by joshd on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:10 pm

i guess ive had okay luck with drops, i put together most of the teir 3 stuff for my fort and that was 6 drops a peice, but the lottery stuff seems really spotty, ive had days where ill get 3 peices and then nothing for like 2 weeks, ive seen people who have assembled lottery equipment from frags, i think its just more time and effort. also according to some of the members the dragon in snowcloak drops lottery stuff around 30% of the time but right now the only effective way to farm him is with the succubus, it takes me 2 days to kill him with my zerk and he has way better stuff than my succy, but im sure as the new gems drop and you get more and more of them he'll be easier to beat in fewer turns, and then you could really farm for lottery gear
joshd
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:15 pm

Has anybody upgraded the magical units yet? I am tempted to just because I want to see the priests and shaman's attacking something lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by joshd on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:28 pm

i read the description on the tab i dont think it makes them attack i think it just boosts what they do to a percentage, heal 20+10%= heal 22, or something to that effect
joshd
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyed on Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:10 am

I did Loeffing level 1 12 times.

Got 2 life gems, 3 spar and 7,320 exp.

Great night.
bullseyed
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Urapeasnt on Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:12 am

bullseyed wrote:I did Loeffing level 1 12 times.

Great night.
So you can do any adventure level then?
Urapeasnt
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gitgronostaj on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:53 am

I got dizzy gem at snowcloack cliff lvl 26. I will try to farm it for more couse its easy to win with hero alone.
gitgronostaj
Warrior
Warrior

Gold : 52
Mojo : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lotak.xavier on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Great night.

Whoa. That's an easy one to win. I'm considering switching to that one. I've not been having much luck in Evensnow boss stage (to get bashing set)
lotak.xavier
Trolls
Trolls

Mojo : 14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyed on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:48 pm

Urapeasnt wrote:

Great night.
So you can do any adventure level then?

Correct. Any level can drop gems and spar.

For the record, my fort went 0-12 on drops, but my castle went 5-7. At one point my Castle was 5-2 on drops. I was shocked.

Last edited by bullseyed on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
bullseyed
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyed on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:49 pm

lotak.xavier wrote:

Great night.

Whoa. That's an easy one to win. I'm considering switching to that one. I've not been having much luck in Evensnow boss stage (to get bashing set)

It is easy to win (I took 0 casualities) and it is one of the highest exp per attempt levels.

The fact that I can now get spar on it means I'm hitting that up every night.
bullseyed
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyed on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Triple post!!! (sorry)

I was looking at gems in the shop last night... do you think it is worth the 12 mojo each to buy a dizzy and weak gem? 2% has got to be better than nothing... 24 mojo seems like a cheap cost for that functionality. Can get 3% each if I spend 40 mojo per gem, but 1% more for 28 more mojo doesn't seem cost effective.
bullseyed
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:13 pm

I did that, I bought one of each gem type so my hero could have a diff one in each slot. And the ratio seems fairly higher than the gem states, the frailty one turns the apponent red when triggered and my opponents are always turning red, they seem to get dizzy less frequently. I agree 12 mojo is worth the bonus.

Speaking of farming, I FINALLY got the last frag for my shadow shoulders last night. I farm the boss level in the city for those. I still havent had any luck getting gems from lottery or arena though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Urapeasnt on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:49 pm

bullseyed wrote:Triple post!!! (sorry)

I was looking at gems in the shop last night... do you think it is worth the 12 mojo each to buy a dizzy and weak gem? 2% has got to be better than nothing... 24 mojo seems like a cheap cost for that functionality. Can get 3% each if I spend 40 mojo per gem, but 1% more for 28 more mojo doesn't seem cost effective.
If you have mojo to waste yea meaning you have all weapons and spells
Urapeasnt
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyed on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:49 pm

doc_moore_j wrote:I did that, I bought one of each gem type so my hero could have a diff one in each slot. And the ratio seems fairly higher than the gem states, the frailty one turns the apponent red when triggered and my opponents are always turning red, they seem to get dizzy less frequently. I agree 12 mojo is worth the bonus.

Speaking of farming, I FINALLY got the last frag for my shadow shoulders last night. I farm the boss level in the city for those. I still havent had any luck getting gems from lottery or arena though.

Hmm. If those seem to trigger often, perhaps it would be worth researching the upgrade for all units as well.

My plan right now is to go for HP first, since that should definitely help all units.
bullseyed
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyed on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:51 pm

Urapeasnt wrote:
bullseyed wrote:Triple post!!! (sorry)

If you have mojo to waste yea meaning you have all weapons and spells

Well they don't have weapons or spells that can give those effects. Essentially it is the same thing as buying spar, since you can research to get those.

12 mojo is like what, 50 cents? you get roughly 110 mojo for $5, so thats 22 mojo per dollar.
bullseyed
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Dragoon on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:26 am

Just was wondering what everyone's been focusing their spar on in the Research Lab?

So far, I've gone Gold (it was free), Unit Health, Attack Speed, Heavy Hit and Resistance. All just level one upgrades at this stage, and on both Castle and Fort.

I've been thinking should I have just focused all on the one thing (ie. unit health or speed), or a good idea to spread out the love???
Ser Dragoon
Archers
Archers

Gold : 82
Mojo : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next