This game sucks now

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This game sucks now

Post by spas2k on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:35 pm

This last update has basically ended little empire for me. I have played since day one and the game is simply pointless now. I generally play one time a day and when I log in it's the same thing every single time.

"You have been defeated by bla bla bla"

That's fine and all, but checking the "defense logs" shows that after his $300 hero came and mopped up my defenses, 10+ people sending footmen also conquered me as well.

So now my logins usually consist of putting out fires, restocking troops, setting back up some sort of pointless defense, only to do it all again the next day.

Pointless and gone.
spas2k
Footman
Footman

Gold : 6
Mojo : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This game sucks now

Post by joshd on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:04 pm

i know how you feel, im a bit more of an active player and have spent a bit of money on my heros, but i really hate dealing with 4 people who have spent 1000's on their account at the same time. before the update i maybe got taken over once every week or so, after its at least 2 a day with another 1 or 2 at night when im sleeping
joshd
Trolls
Trolls

Gold : 142
Mojo : 16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyed on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:10 pm

I agree to an extent. I've said many times before this patch that giving any incentive to invade people is horrible for the game. The PVP aspect should be removed, not enhanced.

I've gone from 7M gold to 1M gold in just a short while. Not that I need the gold for anything in particular, but...

The fact that people get higher HP and attack for invading people is stupid. Eventually it will be impossible for a new person to compete because everyone who has been playing with have a 10% head start on health and damage.

On the positive side, it seems that they were unable to properly code the reduction in rep when you get invaded. You can level it up by picking on accounts as low a level as you can.
bullseyed
Trolls
Trolls

Gold : 288
Mojo : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:25 pm

I can see how logging in once a day to a mess and several defeats would suck. I log on as often as I can throughout the day on breaks and stuff. I don't mind being taken over by a stronger hero because im sure everybody i attack feels the same, but what I hate is the 2-3 that sneak in after him and clean me out. I wish if you got wiped as long as you had troops your castle would re-stock itself because being taken over 3-4 times while im alseep by foreign countries is frustrating. The vault isnt helping much either, im still losing 100k + each time. If this game didn't have pvp what would we do though? Adv mode over and over? I think they need to implement a grace period after you get wiped out so you cant be attacked every 5 min by diff people.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosDevil on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:04 pm

how about you post that in the new feedback suggestion corner on freemojo.com/en.
they could make a peace period after your castle got occupied for about an hour or so.. or that u can set a peace period for 8 hrs once per day (witout buying a peace card for 50 mojo..)
ChaosDevil
Warrior
Warrior

Gold : 39
Mojo : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chiodo on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:43 pm

In my opinion getting attacked is just part of the game. You can't really help that some people have the money to spend on making their heros tanks so just do you best and find some competition that you can handle/challenge yourself with. Without a PVP aspect to the game it would take away any competitive feeling to the game and make it very lackluster. You can only do so much with PVM.
chiodo
Trolls
Trolls

Gold : 231
Mojo : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Threshen on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:09 pm

This was happening to me, thats why it's good to belong to an alliance. They help you defend your castle and if someone gets by one to many times, then you can line attack. however if u only play once a day i dont know any alliance that would b ok with that. :-/
Threshen
Trolls
Trolls

Gold : 220
Mojo : 14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/mandy.leigh.kearns

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyed on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:24 am

chiodo wrote:In my opinion getting attacked is just part of the game. You can't really help that some people have the money to spend on making their heros tanks so just do you best and find some competition that you can handle/challenge yourself with. Without a PVP aspect to the game it would take away any competitive feeling to the game and make it very lackluster. You can only do so much with PVM.

The guild and arena systems should eliminate the need for invading other empires.

At the very least there should be a "on/off" flag for invading other empires for those of us who sleep and have jobs.
bullseyed
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chiodo on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:26 am

Both of those are computer generated to really be considered PVP though. Arena is like fighting a very watered down human opponent and you can't even see battles in alliance battles. As for an on/off switch that would be close to cheating in my opinion. Whats to stop people from attacking someone and then switching to the off option. I invade people and still find time for sleep, a job, and going to college and still enjoy the game.
chiodo
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xunknownx on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:18 am

i find it pointless to set up an all out defense. they only people that attacks are
1. overpowered people who spent tons of money on the game where i will lose no matter what
or
2. 1 footman

whats the point of setting my hero and all my troops for defense if i'm just gonna lose anyways? might as well just set a few units to defend against the footman. that way i wont lose all my troops.
xunknownx
Footman
Footman

Gold : 15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Espada#3 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:06 am

i guess it depends on how u play ,who's attacking you and who did you attack.
Espada#3
Warrior
Warrior

Gold : 19
Mojo : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by spas2k on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:23 pm

6 more defeats over night, all on the heels of a $400 set of heroes (or whatever). At least I get the message now "There is no more to take, this empire has already been brutally raided". Kind of kicking someone when they are down.

The problem with this game, and this update is highlighting, is that you cannot spend a little bit or even a reasonable amount of cash and compete. You can only compete if you spend $100s of and quite frankly this game is not worth hundreds of dollars. It's not about not having the money, it's about putting value on a product and this silly little phone game is nothing more than a horribly balanced carrot on the stick treadmill with 0 payoff at the end.

I guess this update just really accentuates my gripe with this game that you can't get anything decent without spending money, or months farming for one stupid item. Large scale MMOs like wow aren't even close to this bad. I have spent a little bit of money, probably $20, and I've always said I would spend more if the price of mojo wasn't so high. Let's be honest, if you spent $40 on a single spell in this game, you aren't going to be a financial adviser when you grow up.

spas2k
Footman
Footman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyed on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:16 pm

chiodo wrote:Both of those are computer generated to really be considered PVP though. Arena is like fighting a very watered down human opponent and you can't even see battles in alliance battles. As for an on/off switch that would be close to cheating in my opinion. Whats to stop people from attacking someone and then switching to the off option. I invade people and still find time for sleep, a job, and going to college and still enjoy the game.

You can see the battles in the clan wars, just the ones you're in.

Obviously they would change arena to make a more active formation. There would be arena as it stands now, and another section where you put in any formation you want and can await an attacker, or you can pick from the list of people awaiting attackers to send your guys against.

The on/off switch would be a permanent option, not one you could change at will.
bullseyed
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyed on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:30 pm

spas2k wrote:6 more defeats over night, all on the heels of a $400 set of heroes (or whatever). At least I get the message now "There is no more to take, this empire has already been brutally raided". Kind of kicking someone when they are down.

The problem with this game, and this update is highlighting, is that you cannot spend a little bit or even a reasonable amount of cash and compete. You can only compete if you spend $100s of and quite frankly this game is not worth hundreds of dollars. It's not about not having the money, it's about putting value on a product and this silly little phone game is nothing more than a horribly balanced carrot on the stick treadmill with 0 payoff at the end.

I guess this update just really accentuates my gripe with this game that you can't get anything decent without spending money, or months farming for one stupid item. Large scale MMOs like wow aren't even close to this bad. I have spent a little bit of money, probably $20, and I've always said I would spend more if the price of mojo wasn't so high. Let's be honest, if you spent $40 on a single spell in this game, you aren't going to be a financial adviser when you grow up.

You've both overestimating and underestimating the dollars spent.

It is pretty easy to spend only $250 or so and get the best gear and weapons for your guy. If you consider an MMO that costs $60 to buy and $10-$15 a month to play, that isn't that unreasonable. If you play WoW for a year you've got $15*12 + $60 = $240 minimum spent. Netflix runs $10-$15 a month and I spend more time on this game than watching Netflix. Alternatively if you consider other forms of entertainment like going to a bar and spending $6+ a drink and you get nothing but a hangover the next day and maybe an STD, this game is pretty cheap.

It sounds like you probably have a job that pays hourly so things that seem like a lot of money really aren't.

But, on the other hand, at the very highest of levels people are spending upwards of $1,000 per account on this game. The gear is cheap, what costs a lot is all the level 5 gems you need to really make a dent in serious competition. If you look at the top clans like TNA, they require you to have 10 level 5 gems to apply.

40 mojo for a level 2 gem
That is 256 level 2 gems to make a level 5 gem = 10,240 mojo
4,000 mojo = $100
So 10,240 = $256
Times 10 gems = $2,256

Crazy. Yeah.
bullseyed
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by spas2k on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:41 pm

This game doesn't have 1/200th of the content wow has to justify a high price. I understand it's entertainment and it's up to the individual to put a price on their entertainment, but common sense should prevail when one weighs the cost vs reward.

It's not about how much money I make either, I make a decent salary and just bought a near million dollar house this past year. That doesn't mean I spend money frivolously on or throw it away on items that don't warrant them. That same logic is applied to those people who have a $1000 car and slap $5000 rims on it. They don't do it because they "can", they do it because they cannot help themselves.
spas2k
Footman
Footman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chiodo on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:00 pm

Alright alright people, this thread is starting to turn into a flame war and lets stop it here before it gets any further. Lets just settle on the idea that people have different beliefs and ideas when it comes to games and enterainment and they are entitled to those opinions.
chiodo
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyed on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:03 am

spas2k wrote:This game doesn't have 1/200th of the content wow has to justify a high price. I understand it's entertainment and it's up to the individual to put a price on their entertainment, but common sense should prevail when one weighs the cost vs reward.

Point taken to an extent. I acknowledge your point of view and understand why you hold it but the one I hold is different. Not better or worse, just different.

I would argue that this game has as much content as WoW though because max level in WoW consisted of farming the same endgame raid over and over and over and over, just like adventure mode here, lol.

I don't know. I could go out to a bar or club with my girlfriend or friends each week and spend $50 to $100 a weekend pretty easily. (I'm guessing I'm in a smaller town than you because it'd be tough to find a $1M house around here. Cost of living is low, city is depressed, etc) So spending $20 a month on mojo for this game doesn't seem like a big deal. I enjoy it a lot more than I would enjoy going out that much.

But I suppose if I consider that I could buy like say an Xbox360 with Kinect and a couple of games for the amount I've probably spent on mojo it does seem a bit excessive. At the same time I don't play on my Xbox360 anymore because none of the games entertain me anymore.
bullseyed
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoeWoe on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:01 pm

bullseyed wrote:
spas2k wrote:6 more defeats over night, all on the heels of a $400 set of heroes (or whatever). At least I get the message now "There is no more to take, this empire has already been brutally raided". Kind of kicking someone when they are down.

It is pretty easy to spend only $250 or so and get the best gear and weapons for your guy. If you consider an MMO that costs $60 to buy and $10-$15 a month to play, that isn't that unreasonable. If you play WoW for a year you've got $15*12 + $60 = $240 minimum spent. Netflix runs $10-$15 a month and I spend more time on this game than watching Netflix. Alternatively if you consider other forms of entertainment like going to a bar and spending $6+ a drink and you get nothing but a hangover the next day and maybe an STD, this game is pretty cheap.

It sounds like you probably have a job that pays hourly so things that seem like a lot of money really aren't.

But, on the other hand, at the very highest of levels people are spending upwards of $1,000 per account on this game. The gear is cheap, what costs a lot is all the level 5 gems you need to really make a dent in serious competition. If you look at the top clans like TNA, they require you to have 10 level 5 gems to apply.

4,000 mojo = $100
So 10,240 = $256
Times 10 gems = $2,256

Crazy. Yeah.

A little off on the numbers here.

64 level 2 gems make a level 5 = 2,560 mojo

4 2s makes a 3, 16 2s makes a 4, 64 2s makes a 5

10x = 25,600 mojo = roughly $650

Yes...still crazy
DoeWoe
Ninjas
Ninjas

Gold : 463
Mojo : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyed on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:56 pm

DoeWoe wrote:
bullseyed wrote:

4,000 mojo = $100
So 10,240 = $256
Times 10 gems = $2,256

Crazy. Yeah.

A little off on the numbers here.

64 level 2 gems make a level 5 = 2,560 mojo

4 2s makes a 3, 16 2s makes a 4, 64 2s makes a 5

10x = 25,600 mojo = roughly $650

Yes...still crazy

Yeah I thought it should be 64 but I checked it twice and came up with 256 each time. Weird.
bullseyed
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lotak.xavier on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:37 pm

They need to make two changes to this system

1) A limit to the number of times an individual can be successfully invaded per day. After that, there is a cool down period of 12-24 hours where they are in "peace mode". They can still get revenge on their conquerers but they may or may not be allowed to invade other people

2) As someone already touched upon earlier, they need to allow automatic replacement of formation if it is available. This should be an option that can be toggled on or off. Or even have a 4th formation that is exclusive to the after effects of being breached, which will come up straight after your castle being freed.

I think the reason why option 2 is not implemented is because people can stay in the castle (SOS), which might make it a little more difficult to program.
lotak.xavier
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyed on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:40 pm

Also, I've seen a drastic decrease in then number of attacks this week. I went from 6+ a day to 0 very suddenly. It happened to coincide with leveling up from 40 to 41, so that may have contributed.
bullseyed
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lotak.xavier on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:38 pm

bullseyed wrote:Also, I've seen a drastic decrease in then number of attacks this week. I went from 6+ a day to 0 very suddenly. It happened to coincide with leveling up from 40 to 41, so that may have contributed.

I was absent for 26 hours and I was attacked 23 times.
I lost 18 of them. The 5 I did win were when people attacked me whilst I was occupied.

lotak.xavier
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ELTRYHARD on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:26 am

I think there should be a system where you can't be attacked unless you attack other players. I don't attack anybody (except my rivals) but yet I get attacked 5-20 times a day. I just want to level up my hero without having to worry about my castle defense.
ELTRYHARD
Trolls
Trolls

Gold : 172

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gitgronostaj on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:09 am

I think you should lost your reputation points when you loose an attack. Even if it is one footman (scout) attack. Then this one footman attacks will end and "blind" pvp will be much more exiting.
gitgronostaj
Warrior
Warrior

Gold : 52

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyed on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:05 pm

What I've ended up doing is I look for the lowest level person I can attack (35) who is within 15 minutes of me. I send both heroes and nothing else. I beat a couple of real people who retaliated, which was really annoying. Mostly though I hit people who don't play anymore. Managed to hold one for the better part of 6 hours and got a spar off them.

Which led me to a realization. Most people who play have 3 or more accounts. I bet some people are holding their alternate accounts 24/7 farming spar.
bullseyed
Trolls
Trolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next